Saturday, November 20, 2010

black with flecks of gold

Thursday night was Je Suis Prest's fashion show and holiday party hosted at the sophisticated Canterbury Lounge. Of course you can count on me to take pictures of all 20 dresses to be featured an upcoming post. So, don't worry if you weren't able to make it or wasn't able to get a ticket before they sold out, I'll redeliver the experience to you as best as I can in blog post form!

Before I headed out to a baby shower for a close friend last evening, I popped in to check out the newly opened Black Dog Boutique, which you will find on Germain beside the new Relish gourmet burger joint (which I still have yet to try out). This boutique is a charming space with beautiful decor and a lovely clothing selection of quality items. I have pictures of the shop and plan to share them in an upcoming blog post!

This outfit marks being 1/3 through the 30 for 30 challenge! I wore this ensemble to the Viva La Diva event Wednesday evening at Market Square. (Blog post for this event is mid production!)







The Outfit

Black long-sleeve tee- H&M (Toronto, Sept '10)
Skinny jeans- Nissi- Pseudio (SJ, April '10)
Booties- Aldo (Toronto, Sept '10)
Gold & black necklace- Banana Republic (Freeport, Nov '10)
Long gold necklace- Banana Republic (Freeport, Nov '10)
Gold bracelet- American Eagle necklace (SJ, Fall '08)
Gold headband- Splurge (Halifax, Fall '09) 
Faux fur coat- Joe Fresh Style (SJ, Oct '10)

This outfit includes the most basic of my 30 for 30 pieces. I added instant glam to the outfit by layering gold necklaces and then throwing on my faux fur coat. It's amazing how far a little accessorizing can take you.

12 comments:

D Dierks said...

The accessories are great! Very nice outfit.

Laura said...

Love your logo, the shopaholic hand bag, it's too perfect!

Jodi said...

CUTE outfit!!! love the necklace!!

hey, I get to come to NB this summer for work.. I have never been and am sooooo excited!! I bet you even know some of the people I work with who live there... we will have to meet for coffee!!!

have a good one!! xoxo j

Erin said...

I love black and gold together, and I feel like it's having a huge moment right now. Great outfit, and thanks for checking out my etsy shop! ♥

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Wonderful outfit!

Linda W said...

Those necklaces are wonderful for that outfit. I'm also impressed with the vest - I could never pull it off.
The Auspicious Life

Anonymous said...

Great outfit! You've definitely given me some inspiration for when the challenge is done.

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Chrissy said...

Cute outfit! The accessories are fantastic. :)

Caitlin (Re-Mix-Her) said...

I love, love, LOVE the jacket; totally envious of it.

Keep up the amazing work!

http://re-mix-her.tumblr.com

Anonymous said...

Your hair is so cute!

http://greetingsfromseattlewa.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

Chelsea said...

Sure do! Here's the Facebook page for Maritime Shopaholic: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maritime-Shopaholic/140405759310810