Sunday, November 7, 2010

the 30 for 30 picks...


What is the 30 for 30?
If you follow the style blog Kendi Everday, you might have heard of the challenge Kendi has taken on a few times now and has invited other bloggers to join her this time around.

So here's how it works:
1. We pull 30 items from our closets (includes shoes, tops, bottoms, but not accessories and coats).
2. Over the next 30 days we only remix the 30 items into 30 (or more) outfits. 

Is there a catch?
 There sure is. There's also no shopping for 30 days. For a girl like me, that will definitely be the major challenge. The part I'm looking forward to is the real purpose behind the challenge: to learn to work with what you've got and be creative: to appreciate what you already have and really explore what you can do with it.

So I'll admit my exception from the standard rules up front. Honesty is the best policy, don't you think? I plan to follow the shopping band with exception to this coming Thursday (I've had a shopping trip planned with my sister and Mom to the states- but I also wanted to take part in the challenge). If anything is purchased on that date, it cannot be worn until the 30 days has past. 

So for the next 30 days, 337 other style bloggers have jumped on board for the Fall Fashion Challenge. Click here to see the complete list. If you're on twitter, you can check the #30x30 hashtag to see what bloggers are tweeting relative to this challenge. You'll find the badge below in the left column posted among all of us participating.





hello
 
So let's cut to the chase...
I'll introduce you to the 30 items I've chose to reduce, and that I'll reuse in order to remix for the next consecutive 30 days, grouped together according to type of garment. So here we go!
 
 
 
(Note a last minute substitution: the yellow sweater is being replaced
with a military shirt.)
 
 
 
 
 
Check back tomorrow for outfit #1 of 30!
 

6 comments:

Amy Z. said...

Hello fellow 30x30 blogger! I just found your blog and i love it! The pieces you chose for the challenge are awesome!! I can see so many potential outfits in them, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

liz said...

This is going to be fun! Love those dresses, they should look so cute under all those sweater and maybe over some tops? Good luck!

Four Flights said...

Cute cute! Good luck!

Emma Dilemma said...

I'm having a moment of wardrobe envy.... *sigh*

Kate said...

Ooh, I like the black lace dress! Pretty! Good luck with the challenge!

Shannon said...

Hey there, fellow remixer!! Love your picks, especially your dresses--they're gorgeous!! I can't wait to see all of your outfits =]

toboldlywear.blogspot.com