Thursday, May 6, 2010

spring fling!

Last night I attended the Spring Fling fashion event in the Market Square atrium. The event, titled Project Runaway Saint John, was a fashion show and a fundraiser for the Saint John Boys & Girls Club. There was tables of hor d'oeuvres, cocktails, and wine, as well as a silent auction.

The atrium a couple days in advance, stage in place.

The atrium, the evening of the event, set up for the fashion show.

I managed to get a seat with a pretty good view to capture most of the models!

The program: 

Most of the shoes were from Manchester Shoes. Clothing from Envy and Samuel & Co. with purses from Walsh Luggage. Hair styles were also featured from Ambiance Day Spa.

Colourful coats!
(I'd identify the brand of the pieces and store but they weren't annouced specifically in the show unfortunately.)

Cute summer dresses



The ladies who modeled in the fashion show looked like they were having a lot of fun!


Pretty summers hues such as coral and white.

Can't wait for the opening of Envy on May 15!

In the end, all the ladies in attendance received a prize!
Each prize was written on paper attached to a rose:

My prize: a Mexx wallet from Samuel & Co.

Women collecting their prizes and shopping in Samuel & Co.

I checked out Walsh Luggage and Manchester Shoes following this. Manchester had a few shoes I fell in love with but unfortunately didn't have them in my size (but a lot of their stock had been out for the fashion show so I'll have to go back to double check!):
Enzo Angiolini

BCBGeneration
Calvin Klein

The outfit I wore that evening:
What:
Circular pattern and zebra print top- DEPT- Je Suis Prest Boutique (March '10)
Skinny jeans- Nissi jeans- Pseudio (April '10)
Snake pattern heeled sandles- Guess- Manchester Shoes (Feb '09)

3 comments:

Susan R. said...

Thanks for posting the photos from the show! I really wanted to go but wasn't able to. My sister-in-law was one of the models :)

barb C said...

Great outfit!

Anonymous said...

Great post & great pics! Thanks so much for supporting a great cause and uptown retailers!