Sunday, August 1, 2010

sterling silpada...

A few weeks ago I had never heard of the name Silpada. That is, until I received a facebook invite from my friend Meghan to attend a Silpada party at her house. I wrote her a message to tell her I likely to attend and to inquire to what exactly Silpada was...after all, I'm not one to turn down a social opportunity!

Turns out that attending a Silpada party is very much the same concept as a Tupperware or Partylite party, during which you invite your friends over to view a product while sitting in your living room with food and drink to be consumed, all while flipping through a catalog. In the case of of a Silpada, its sterling silver jewellery you try on and oggle over rather than your tried and true typicals of plastic containers or scented candles. It's always a fun opportunity with no obligation to buy...but usually everyone gets hooked on one item or another...

I have to say (aside from Megs's beautifully decorated cupcakes and cute and tastey mini raspberry cumble) I was was impressed with the quality of the catalog (as well as the jewellery, of course).


As you flip the pages, you'll notice how realistic the pieces look on the page and, in fact, they happen to be displayed at real size. I snapped a few photos of the jewellery I saw in the catalogs:










I sampled the spread set out on the table while flipping through the books and viewing jewellery on display- there was lots to choose from...



In particular, I kept eyeing the many beautiful jewel and stong rings:







The choosen one in the end was this one:



Sometime within the next week or two I should see my new cocktail ring arrive on my doorstep! And I doubt that will be the last Silpada party I find myself accepting an invite to...

Check out Silpada on Twitter and Facebook.



No comments: