Saturday, August 21, 2010

happy birthday coco chanel!

Thursday Perfumes Plus featured a no tax sale on Chanel beauty products for the fun of celebrating Coco Chanel's birthday. Did you make it over to benefit from this deal? I had had my sights set on one of the new products from the fall line. I dropped by on my way to dinner with my friend Christine to find the store all decked out for the occasion!




Love that they even had chocolate cake! A little sugar as an appetizer sounded like a fabulous idea!



I walked down to the boardwalk for dinner, cake in hand!

So what did I purchase in honour of pioneering French female designer Gabrielle (Coco) Chanel's birthday? The nail polish Paradoxal:


(Got to love samples!)

Paradoxal, a purplish shade, goes on solid with only 2 coats and dries quickly enough that I was impressed!


Did you pick up anything from Perfumes Plus on Thursday? If so, do share in the comments below! 

2 comments:

Perfumes Plus said...

Glad you came in! You experienced the beginning of a great tradition.
See you next year on Aug 19th!

~Chelsea said...

Thanks Laura! The cake was really good (mmm cake) and I'm enjoying the paradoxal! You know you'll be seeing me again before next Aug ;)