Tuesday, March 1, 2011

underground...

Last Thursday marked the first official Saltys: Saint John's social media awards. It was large gathering at the Saint John Ale House to mix, mingle and announce the winners:

Twitter Person of the Year: Anne McShane @feelgoodsj (Owner of the Feel Good Store)
Best Facebook PageHemmings House Pictures (Filmmakers)
Coolest Blog: Saint John Ale House- Peter Stoddart (Local restaurant) 
Best Use of Social Media in a Campaign: Mel Norton Campaign for Common Council (City Councillor)

After the event, a few of us including Kate (O My Heart!) and Kiera (Je Suis Prest Boutique) headed downstairs to the pub for a drink and a bite to eat. I took advantage of being parked in a heated underground parking lot and shot my photos with the help of my trusty tripod afterwards!








The Outfit
  • Pink t-shirt: Joe Fresh Style (SJ, Jan '11)
  • Pants w/ suspenders: ASOS (ordered online, Jan '11)
  • Pearl necklace: Forever21 (Montreal, June '10)
  • Pearl bracelet: Le Chateau (Halifax, Fall '07)
  • Black flats: Aldo (ordered online, Oct '10)

This year has really been a year of growth for social media. More than ever people and businesses alike are looking to find information, seek entertainment and communicate via mediums such as blogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube... I know they are a huge connection for me and my blog.



No comments: