Monday, March 7, 2011

sneak peek party..

Saturday night was the sneak peek preview party that celebrated the kick off a new business on King Street in Uptown Saint John! I had been excited for this party all week and looking forward to this new store since for the last few months! Today, March 7, The Urban Shoe Myth opens its doors to the women of Saint John to offer them a new shoe shopping experience!

Owner, Shelley Demerchant, with her husband Nick, threw a private party in store Saturday evening to unvail the beautiful store and gorgeous shoes within!
Let me just tell you: the selection of shoes are beautiful. I kid you not- I'd wear pretty much any shoe in store! I was in the store for about 10 minutes and I was asked which were my favourite pair.  I needed much more time than that to properly choose who was coming home with me that night!

The beautiful, modern design of Urban Shoe Myth can be credited to Design 4 Space. The store, with its white hardware floors, exposed brick walls, custom-made shelves, and eye-catching blue ceiling is fit for the big city!

And they sure know how to throw a party! Au d'oeuvres and little cookies shaped like stilletos were on hand and the store counter was transformed into a bar. A DJ kept the energy up with great, upbeat music while local photographer Sheldon Parsons snapped photos of the store and party. Later in the evening the store seemed to double as a posh night club and a shoe store, with the lights turned down and people dancing among the shoes!
Right now you'll find lovely pairs from BCBG, Steve Madden, Michael Kors, Seychelles, Nine West, and Stuart Weitzman. And what was there for the viewing Saturday is only 40% of what is on it's way, so I'm fairly excited to see what is soon to join the other beauties!
Above: (Left) Kiera Fraser- owner of Je Suis Prest Boutique- & Kate McLean- blogger behind O My Heart!; (Right) Chantale Carpenter with Nadine Parsons- manager of Envy.
Thanks to Barb for grabbing my camera and taking a few outfit shots for me!


My Outfit
  • Blazer: c/o Boa
  • Dress: American Apparel (Halifax, April '10)
  • Shoes: Nine West (Freeport, Nov '10)
  • Pantyhose: American Apparel (Halifax, April '10)
  • Necklace: Aldo (Toronto, June '10)
  • Wristlet: Coach (Freeport, Nov '10)

I left that night swinging a bag with a beautiful new pair of black patent leather Steve Madden platform pumps (to grace the content of my blog post tomorrow!)

Shelley has definitely created a shoe haven for the women of Saint John. And just as Carrie Bradshaw had her moment to gush over the mythical Manolo Mary Janes, you're very likely to fall in love with a pair or two yourself!







The Urban Shoe Myth is located at 78 King Street, beside Silver Daisy Designs. The store is officially open today! Not only are you going to want to stop in this week, be sure to follow the Urban Shoe Myth on Facebook and Twitter, and be sure to check out Shelley's blog!

No comments: