Tuesday, December 21, 2010

black dog boutique's grand opening...

Friday night I found myself at The Black Dog Boutique, a cozy boutique found below the big red 2-4 on Germain Street.


Inside, Jill Kimball, owner of the Black Dog, was hosting the celebratory Grand Opening of her new store, which had opened it's doors to uptown Saint John last month.


Meet Oli. Official greeter and bow-tie clad inspiration behind The Black Dog Boutique.


It takes a special canine to be considered trustworthy amongst racks of beautiful clothing.






I'd describe The Black Dog Boutique's selection as comfortable chic and sophisticated refinery. You have many quality, well constructed garments. I love the variety of prints and rich textures as well.


In the back, where the dressing rooms lie, a group gathered, glasses of bubbly in hand. In attendeance were two of the Mill Rats players, mingling and politely ensuring everyone had a drink in hand from the champagne fountain.



Everyone was mixing and mingling in the dressing room area referred to as "the boudoir"


Here's the lovely and charming Jill with the ever-gentle Oli


Local uptown shop owner Kiera Fraser (Je Suis Prest Boutique) dropped in to browse the latest shipments found on The Black Dog's racks and support Jill in her grand opening.


Jill's current garment selection varies from She Bible, based out of San Fransisco, to the organic, east coast based Toggery. Also in stock are beautiful pieces from Montreal's Valerie Dumaine and Eve Gravel.



Personally, I tried on an Eve Gravel black and cream belted skirt with pockets and fell in love. (Naturally, I had to adopt it.)


If you haven't had the opportunity to check out The Black Dog Boutique, you really should stop in and see Jill and Oli!

3 comments:

Bre said...

Such a cute dog. I want one! Okay no they are a big responsibility so I will leave that alone for now.
Is that you in the black and white skirt in the mirror? It's a very cute skirt.

Chelsea said...

Thanks! Yup, that's me in the mirror!

Natalie said...

It seems like a cute shop! If only I could go and check it out.

Just thought I'd let you know I included you in my 30 for 30 list of blogs I followed.

Through the Complex Eyes of Bee