Thursday, September 30, 2010

fur fancy...

Tonight I went to Brunswick Square's fall fashion show, which was to raise funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters in Saint John. Combine fall clothing from participating retailers, dessert, and some Starbucks coffee and you have a smashing event! Tonight was an opportunity to wear my Jack faux fur vest from Je Suis Prest Boutique for the first time.



And that's the fog that the flash picked up...
so the rest of the photos were shot inside.



The Outfit
 
  • Faux fur vest- Jack- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, Sept '10)
  • Grey sweater- H&M (Toronto, Sept '10)
  • Black leggings- TNA- Aritzia (Toronto, Dec '08)
  • Black leather purse- Coach (Toronto, Sept '10)
  • Black belt- Winners (Toronto, Sept '08)
  • Black booties- Aldo (Toronto, Sept '10)

The Coach purse, H&M grey sweater, and Aldo booties are all purchases from my weekend in Toronto (and some of the things they were in the bags you saw from my post yesterday)!

The Coach purse is the Kristin hobo bag- I had chosen this bag because it can be carried in the hand, over the shoulder, or cross body. I went with black because, believe it or not, I do not own a single black purse and, for obvious reasons, it was the practical choice. I would have to say the Kristin Collection is my favourite line from Coach because of their solid colours and sleek, soft leather exteriors.




I picked up a few other simple basics from H&M to accompany the grey sweater- all 4 items came to (taxes in) $87 and some odd cents. That's the allure of H&M for me: the ability to shop in bulk and not break the bank! Their clothing is low cost but (most of it) doesn't appear cheap. Normally I'd spend the extra money for a t-shirt that is high quality, but why do it when you don't have to?

Grey sweater: $17.95
Black long sleeved tee: $14.95
Nude v-neck tee: $9.95

Straight leg beige pants: $34.95


The Aldo booties were a later purchase in the weekend. I had to demonstrate some sense of responsiblity and be certain I had not drained my account before I committed to these cute, but comfy wedge ankle boots. I initially thought I wanted a pair of ankle boots with a lower cut front and narrow medium heel, but after trying these babies on, I was sold. They were more comfortable and therefore they'd likely generate a beneficial cost per wear and I'd get more bang for my buck that way!



 Tomorrow: look for my next post that will feature my edited photos from tonight's fashion show!



2 comments:

Jessica Weingarten said...

Great outfit...I loooove the vest and the bag!
And I just bought those pants a few minutes ago! Too funny. Can't wait to see the pics from the fashion show! :)

-Jess

Chelsea said...

Thanks Jess! I had a very frustrating experience at the Bloor W H&M- I went in with the purpose of buying cheap pants...and nothing was in my size! It was either 0 and 2 or 12 and 14...I was very happy when I found these!