Tuesday, September 28, 2010

khaki vert's substitution...

For the last few weeks, I've been on the hunt to nail down a bottle of Chanel's coveted Khaki Vert. Discovering a way to attain the shade seems to produce multiple road blocks, first prerequisite is being American if you want to order it from Chanel.com.


It seems Chanel has been the first to produce this olive green colour with intially no other similar shades available in other popular brands (at least from what I could find). Hitting up a few make-up stores in Toronto this weekend, Sephora being one of them, I found a Sephora by OPI shade that was close, but not quite right. No one could tell me there was replacement for Khaki Vert.


That is, until I was flipping through October's issue of LouLou magazine and saw an Essie ad. I saw that make-up artist Lindsay also commented on my last post about sew-psyched around the same time. I stopped by the Shoppers in Lansdowne today and found the new shade from Essie's fall collection.


(The flash on my camera alters the actual appearance of shade a bit.)


It's a great bonus that at half the cost, I found what I've been looking for, surprised that more nail brands haven't launched a similar polish given that military green has been a big colour for fall. I guess that it was  Chanel who officially commenced a trend that I'm predicting other lines will pick up and follow.

5 comments:

Melissa Wright said...

If you ever want to order stuff that only ships to the states you can ship it to Feeds N' Needs in Calais and pick it up and bring it across the border. You have to pay $3 to feeds n needs for the parcel and then duty when you bring it across the border.

Kate said...

I just bought this essie color the other day! I haven't tried it yet, but I love it! I also bought "merino cool" which is a muted gray purple color!

Anonymous said...

Here today, Aragon Tomorrow by OPI is a little darker but still very nice!

Elle Sees said...

loving the fall shades!

Anonymous said...

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!