Wednesday, September 1, 2010

last days of august...

I cannot believe it's already become September! This summer has flown by. During the last couple of days in August Ben and I were taking a few country drives with the windows down after getting our regular Starbucks! (haha I like to joke we're an old couple) Last night we drove up the Saint John River to visit our friend Laura (who was home for a bit- she lives in Bermuda now) in the little historic town of Gagetown. We had a few drinks at the local pub- the Old Boot, got a few mosquitos bites while we were at it. Saturday Ben and I cruised out to Grand Bay to pick up a few things we'd left at my parents' and then took the ferry and drove across the peninsula, stopping for ice cream at the other end in Hampton!






The Outfit


  1. Dress- Dept- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, May '10)

  2. Bronze belt- American Eagle (SJ, at least 5-6 yrs ago?)

  3. Green braid head band- the original belt from my dress!

  4. Leaf necklace- gift from Ben (May '10)

  5. Sandals- Sam Edelman- Olam (Montreal, June '09)
I last posted this dress when I got it back in May and Kiera let me know she had a dress that was perfect for me in her store. Although, this is only the second time this Dept dress has appeared on my blog, it has been my go-to dress this summer for something ccasual, omfortable, breezy, and easy to move in. Perfect for shopping (easy to get on and off, compared to wearing multiple pieces) or really hot days! This time I switched things up a bit and threw on a different belt and decided to use the dress's fabric belt to hold my hair back.

Check out some of the photo-logging I did from our drive across the peninsula.

Taking the ferry


Lighthouse

Saint John River

Covered bridge! (Please excuse the dirty window)



Coming up: another TTFF post

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chels you were right in front of my cottage when you took the pic of the lighthouse! It's beautiful over there!
Judy

Danielle Du Jour said...

Pretty!

Danielle