Friday, April 23, 2010

browse about (part 2)...

When the weekend rolled around, Katie and I scheduled a coffee and shopping date for last Saturday. We sipped on beverages at Starbucks in Brunswick Square (mine, the usual, a tall non-fat, no foam carmel machiatto and Katie, a mocha frappicino). After we had caught up on the latest news and happenings from the past week, we browsed the shops of Brunswick Square and the City Market.

Baubles
I always thought of the store to be more for the conservative woman, but turns out I was wrong. The selection of scarves, hats, accessories, jewelry, and hair pieces would fit a wide variety of tastes. (I swear the pictures don't do the merchandise justice, so if you haven't been there in a while, pay them a visit!) I fell in love with one of the many jeweled items in one glass case, a gorgeous over-sized broach:


Beautiful chunky and colourful necklaces, fine scarves, flowered hair pieces, and detailed hats- right up my style alley!
I was instantly drawn to this head piece (circled above) and had to make the purchase:

Also spotted were headbands with pretty features:

Hats with sophisticated character:
Since recently watching Coco Avant Chanel I've been inspired by stylish hats in early 1900: broadbrimmed and trimmed with decor, and by the end of the first decade, the smaller, drooping brims and deep crowns. Although the hats don't depict those specifically of that era (but later into the century) I have made it a style goal to incorporate a hat into a soon-in-the-future outfit! 

J&R
Another shop that I recommend checking out, if you haven't recently would be J&R. Cute shoes, purses, scarves. I have my eye on a brown and orange Louis Vuitton scarf that I'm suspecting is obviously faux, but attractive non-the-less.
 

Je Suis Prest Boutique
Then of course, an uptown shopping trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to Je Suis Prest! I had my eye out for dresses for Chamila, but of course I was shopping for me too! Check out the beautiful new spring dresses Kiera has in stock! If I could, I would have adopted them all into my wardrobe:

Seafoam green BB Dakota sophisticated dress with a fun, flirty peplum around the waist! Someone told me they thought of me when they saw this dress, and I can't say it won't be mine someday soon if I'm lucky to still find this on the rack again (because I can see it being very popular!) This beauty was found caught my eye displayed in the front window that day.

Lively floral pattern from BB Dakota:
I got a few popular votes on this one!

Perfect for summer is this fresh white lace overlay and scalloped hem Jack BB Dakota dress!
Sigh...in love with this one too.

Loving the details and the back on the orange and grey pin-stripe Covet number (unique dress!) of their Spring 2010 line:

Fell in love with this gorgeous gold & brown S'NOB dress:

Pretty pretty striped wrap-around S'NOB dress:

The purchase I decided on was the Dena tube dress from Lost
Heart the turquoise and how the revealing back of this dress.
Which I then wore that evening out to Alley Gria and O'Learys.

While I waited for Katie to try on a few more outfits in the shop, I sat down in front of the dressing room and flipped through Marie Claire

Pseudio
At Pseudio, I admired the Bench merchadise they had, and eyed the Guess jeans. When I came across the Nissi Jeans on sale for $39.99, I had to try them on!
Amazing fit! My new favourites.

Cowell's
We browsed through the shop. Here's a peek at the beautiful pieces we saw in store:


Beckwith & Co.
We then had to pay a visit to one of my favourite accessory shops found deep in the market.


Marianne carries pieces from one of my most favourite jewelry designers: Anne Marie Chagnon


This weekend I'm off to Halifax to visit friends- and I'll be sure to bring my camera with me!

3 comments:

Perfumes Plus said...

I fell in love with that black & white headpiece too! I wear it all the time in my hair...and sometimes on a jacket.

marianne,beckwith said...

hi there!! thanks for the mention in your wonderful blog!! it's really appreciated!! marianne

Chelsea said...

my pleasure marianne :)