Saturday, October 9, 2010

biker chic

Yesterday afternoon I headed uptown to meet Katie, sip on a Starbucks latte, and then set off on a browsing venture of the clothing racks in Pseudio and Je Suis Prest Boutique. I was on a mission to find an animal print tank or t-shirt, with little luck. I am a bit surprised that I've scoured the shops of Saint John and haven't come up with much given that animal prints are on trend right now. But I have to admit, we're seeing them mostly in accessories (scarves, shoes, etc.) or in the form of faux fur coats and vests. I just had a desire to pair my new Paige skinny cargos with some feline-esque stripes or spots. Instead, I settled for another cute top from Pseudio, to be featured in an upcoming post.







The Outfit

Faux leather jacket- Winners (Toronto, Sept '10)
Long grey tee- Abercrombie (New Hampshire, April '09)
Black leggings- TNA- Aritzia (Toronto, Sept '08)
Black and gold skinny belt- Chinese Laundry- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, Oct '10)
Black wedge booties- Aldo (Toronto, Sept '10)
Gold chain headband- Club Monaco (Halifax, July '10)
Black leather purse- Coach (Toronto, Sept '10)

The reason I chose this particular ensemble- the cotton pieces make it oh so comfy but the leather (real and not) give it a bit of edge to dress it up a bit. 

3 comments:

Kate said...

Try h&m - I don't remember specifically what, but I know they had a fair bit of leopard print!

Chelsea said...

thanks kate!

Melissa said...

Very cute! I just bought a leather jacket as well. Such a great staple! And I like how you styled it! As far as animal print? Let's hope kate's H&M suggestion helps because i've had a tough time finding animal print that isn't cheap looking. H&M here I come with fingers crossed!