Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September Blogging Conferences



For next year, I've made it a goal of mine to finally visit NYC...during fashion week (whether in February or September is still to be determined). While sitting in on a designer show may be for a more selective VIP crowd, there is still so many interesting events happening. What really appeals to me are the fashion blogger conferences such as the IFB Conference and Lucky FABB. If you are attending in person, I'm jealous!


Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference

This is a huge event for bloggers at all levels. With the opportunity to hear from some of the big name bloggers and successfull individuals in the fashion industry, the day is made up of panels on popular and trending topics for fashion bloggers. In February, I caught the livestream at home on my laptop, coffee in hand, taking notes and tweeting my favourite bits.

This conference happens a week from today on Wednesday, September 7, so if you're a blogger- you won't want to miss this. Panel topics include: bloggers and social media, the balance between business and blogging, and the evolution of fashion media. Did I mention the key note speaker is Elle's Creative Director Joe Zee?




Lucky's Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Lucky's not only one of my favourite magazines because of the editors' great tastes and it serves fashion on a plate to people would can't afford couture, they are one of the magazines that have recognized and appreciate what bloggers can bring to the table.

Their inaugural conference was hosted 250 bloggers in February 2011, right before fashion week. The focus of the conference this time around will be on female entrepreneurship and making your blog the best it can be: how to work with brands, branding yourself, and how to transform blogging into business. One panelist that is sure to be a hit: Diane von Furstenburg will be in attendance! This season it will also be held September 7

I'm hoping there will be a livestream- can anyone confirm this?  I'm a little disappointed that it's on the same day as IFB Con- that makes for some difficulty when I want to view them both live! But, the good thing is that you can usually catch them later in the days following, so I'm sure I'll get to benefit from both. In February, I caught the video even though I was a little late on even hearing about Lucky FABB- I didn't catch it until hearing the buzz about it a day or so after the event!



And after catching these blogging conferences, there's fashion week to look forward to and viewing the fashion shows via livestream!



No comments: