Wednesday, June 22, 2011

nautical nostalgia...



Who can resist a sale? I'm certainly no exception when it comes to a woman's typical response to the temptation of discounts, especially when it involves one of my favourite stores! A couple of weeks ago, Je Suis Prest Boutique announced a secret 25% off sale to their Facebook followers. Did you get the chance to take advantage of the opportunity? Perhaps use it as an excuse to purchase a new summer dress or a cute top?
 
I've had my eye on a purple Alternative Apparel hoodie for the last couple of months- and now I happen to be wearing it while typing up this post! (It's so incredibly cozy- I may even love it more than my Lululemon hoodies and am feeling an urge to also get the black or grey one!) I've also heard so much talk about Toms over the last year or so, and with Je Suis Prest now carrying them in stock, I was sold on these nautical blue ones when I put them!
 
 
The Outfit
  • Tank top: BB Dakota- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, Feb '10)
  • Cardigan: Joe Fresh Style (SJ, April '11)
  • White crop jeans: iT jeans- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, May '11)
  • Shoes: Toms- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, June '11)
 
Although I may appear ready to hit the deck for a day of sailing, we actually just went up to Fredericton for my grandmother's 80th birthday and had brunch at Crowne Plaza, followed by hanging out on the back deck of my grandparents' well groomed and gardened back yard.

It seems the nautical look is always finding it's way back into our wardrobes- I even just bought a cute navy blouse last week with tiny anchors on it!

 
  

No comments: