Wednesday, July 6, 2011

inspiration board...




How do we keep up on the revolving door of style trends? Mind you, I've always had a system for how to get the scoop on what's coming up and what's already in when it comes to fashion: I usually look to those who have already done the research for me in the trend forcasting. Often these sources are fashion-based websites and newsletters such as Refinery29, WhoWhatWear, and now also the Glitter Guide.


I also have my handy stack of fashion magazines (which I am finally signing up for subscriptions with). I often comb through these like catalogs with my coloured sharpies, making notes within and using my Post-It tabs to mark the pages worth consulting (sounds a little like what I did throughout my university career.. but replace the stack of magazines with a 25lb combo pile of binders and text books).


But sometimes keeping all this info along with what I surf on my favourite style blogs, catch mention of on twitter, see on the street/in-store, and view during conferences via livestream on is hard to keep harnessed into my brain! I'm sure we can all agree on that one?

For a while now, I've been meaning to start an inspiration board to keep track of it all and on Sunday I finally started this project with those magazines seen above, a pair of scissors, a few boxes of push-pins, and a cork bulleton board (to be hung over my desk). And voila! I've got a new way to keep track of trends and all things fashion-related that I'm crushing on:

Getting the process started

A think this shall be a great system to help generate blog post topics for both my blog here and Brunswick Square Shopaholic as well as prioritize my shopping. What do you do to keep up with the fast flow of fashion and trending?





No comments: