Thursday, July 7, 2011

dreary mondays...



Let's face it: Monday is the jerk out of all the days of the week. For many of us, it's the rude, abrupt, shove back into the daily work grind after the weekend's relaxing festivities. And if that wasn't bad enough, on a Monday that is damp and rainy, it can be a chore even rolling out of bed.

My Monday this week, in all honesty, wasn't that bad aside from Mother Nature's idea of "switching it up" after a beautiful weekend weather-wise. I spent the day getting organized for the rest of the week, running errands, and collaborating with Perfumes Plus' make-up artist Laura for an upcoming post on Brunswick Square's blog. (Have you checked out this week's post on statement jewellery trends?)




The Outfit
  • White jeans: iT jeans- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, May '11)
  • Flats: Sam Edelman- Winners (SJ, April '10)
  • Tank: Free People- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, Feb '10)
  • Cardigan: Toggery- The Black Dog Boutique (SJ, July '11)
  • Necklace: Silver Daisy Designs (SJ, May '11)
  • Bracelet- Joe Fresh- won in Rebecca's giveaway (March '11)

In this post I'm also trying out some new blue eye colours from Gosh and Lise Watier that I picked up over the weekend. I wanted to do my make-up in that soft water colour that I've been seeing popping up over early summer: pastels aqua and mint have been on my favourites colour pallet to incorporated into my summer wardrobe! 

Although Mondays are always the best day of the week, usually the remaining weekdays bring something good. Such as yesterday when my package from Amazon was delivered to my doorstep. I was beyond excited to rip it open and find the first 2 seasons of The Rachel Zoe Project (if you haven't watched this, you need to) as well as the very first book written by one of my favourite bloggers, Jessica Quirk of What I Wore! Look for that book review coming up on Monday!








No comments: